A trusted business environment
E-Residency offers an open and transparent EU business environment for global entrepreneurs. This trust can improve the ease of doing business with customers, partners, and investors, as well as provide greater access to the financial tools required to grow a company.
All e-residents are assessed before they receive their secure government-issued digital identity. Key data about their companies established in Estonia are then publically available
in official records, such as taxation and the identity of owners.
As a result, companies established by e-residents in Estonia are allowed to display the Trusted e-Residency Company badge.
How to use the Trusted e-Residency Company badge
As an e-resident, you have the freedom to establish a trusted company because Estonia offers an open and transparent EU business environment and all e-residents are subject to background checks from the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board.
It’s understandable that you may want to display this trust to customers, partners and investors. That’s why companies established through e-Residency are allowed to use the Trusted e-Residency Company badge on their website or offline materials.
You can download the logos at the end of this page, but please first read carefully through the guidelines on who can use it and how.
Who can use the badge?
This badge can only be used by:
- A limited company (OÜ) registered in Estonia with at least one e-resident on the management board.
- A social enterprise (MTU) registered in Estonia with at least one e-resident on the management board.
Please note that badge is not intended for companies who only provide products and services to e-residents if they do not fulfil the criteria above. However, e-Residency business service providers are welcome to show the badge to their clients (including on their websites) when explaining the advantages of starting a company through e-Residency.
Where should the badge link to?
Your company’s customers, partners or investors may want to read more about what the badge means and why you are able to display it.
Any use of the Trusted e-Residency Company badge online must always link to the following address:
This link provides a brief overview of our trusted business environment and the fact that you have undergone background checks with the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board in order to access it.
Including this link also helps us grow e-Residency together by ensuring more people can find out about the programme.
Talking about e-Residency
In addition to using the badge, your company is welcome to provide more information about e-Residency and how it supports your business. This could include material on your website, media content, or when speaking at events or meetings offline.
You are welcome to contact the e-Residency programme at email@example.com should you need any guidance, support or further materials.
When talking about e-Residency, always do this:
- Emphasise that e-Residency provides access to a borderless digital nation, powered by the Republic of Estonia.
- Write ‘e-Residency’ or ‘e-residents’. Also, use a capital E for both of these words when they are written at the start of a sentence.
- If useful, provide a link to e-resident.gov.ee.
But don’t do this:
- State or imply that your company is partnering or working with e-Residency (or the Estonian government), unless agreed in writing with the e-Residency programme.
How should the badge be displayed?
You can use the Trusted e-Residency Company badge with either a blue, black, grey or transparent background so that you can choose the one that best fits your own website background and colour scheme.
You are welcome to use the badge in conjunction with your own company logo. If so, ensure both logos have clear space between them and your own logo is the same height as either the text (if using the transparent badge) or the rectangular box around it (if using a solid colour badge). It should look like this:
When displaying the badge, always do this:
- Display the badge where it is clearly visible and well contrasted against your own background.
- Leave clear space around the badge.
- Scale the logo proportionately when needed.
- Ensure the badge is clickable to this link: https://e-resident.gov.ee/start-a-company/
But don’t do this:
- Modify, distort or use a low resolution version of the logo.
How can the badge be used offline?
You are also welcome to display the badge on offline materials, such as banners, leaflets and presentations.
If so, please ensure that any staff members who may be questioned about the logo are familiar with e-Residency and why it provides the company with a trusted business environment to operate within.